Managing Partner and founder of PRAT & CIA. Abogados. Recognized by his practice in the transport and tourism industries, particularly in aviation law on regulatory, finance and contentious matters, as well as in tourism and hotel transactions and projects. He has more than 15 year of experience in corporate and commercial law advising national and international clients on corporate issues, projects, transactions, associations, mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, and real estate transactions. His specialty includes compliance on consumer protection law, advising companies providers of products and services in various industries.
- LL.M (Master of Laws) Duke University, School of Law, Durham, NC, EE.UU. (2009).
- Executive LL.M. (Master on Economic and Finance Law) Universidad del Desarrollo, Santiago, Chile (2007).
- Law Degree (J.D. equivalent), Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Santiago, Chile (2002).
- Managing Partner, Prat & CIA. Abogados, Santiago, Chile (2020-present)
- Senior Associate, Del Río Izquierdo Abogados, Santiago, Chile (2015-2020)
- Legal Director, LATAM Airlines Group S.A., Santiago, Chile (2013-2015)
- Legal Manager, LAN Airlines S.A., Santiago, Chile (2010-2013)
- Associate, Carey, Santiago, Chile (2005-2008)
- Intern, Hunton & Williams, Raleigh, NC, EEUU. (2004)
- Chile (2005)
- State of New York, U.S. (2012) (not practicing)
Activities and Publications
- Panel moderator “Consumer Protection Law in Air Transport”, IV International Congress of Aviation and Space Law organized by IDAE (2022), Santiago, Chile.
- Co-author of Air Transport Chile Section for Lexology (2022).
- Co-author of Aviation Law Chile Chapter for ICLG (2022).
- Diploma Expert Advisor of Companies and Persons on Consumer Protection Law. Pontifica Universidad Católica de Chile (2021).
- Course on Compliance Management Systems. Requirements and interpretation ISO 37301:2021. INTEDYA (2021).
- Speaker in the Data Protection panel at ALTA Aviation Law Americas Conference (2019), Quito, Ecuador.
- Speaker at the Annual Conference of the Latin American Aviation Law Association (Asociación Latinoamericana de Derecho Aeronáutico -ALADA-) (2018), about the Ultra Low-Cost Model.
- Co-author of Real Estate Chile Section for Latin Lawyer Reference (2016).
- Member of the New York State Bar Association (NYSBA).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association (Colegio de Abogados de Chile)
- Member of the Latin American Aviation Law Association (Asociación Latinoamericana de Derecho Aeronáutico -ALADA-).
- Member and Director of the Institute of Aviation and Space Law of Chile (Instituto de Derecho Aeronáutico y del Espacio de Chile -IDAE-)
- Recognized by the British publication Who’s Who Legal in Aviation (2019-2022) in all sectors: regulatory, finance and contentious. WWL says: “Francisco Prat E is recognised as a key name for aviation regulatory work and is commended for being “extremely knowledgeable on both the legal and commercial sides of the aviation industry”.” “Francisco Prat E gains recognition for providing “extremely meticulous legal analysis” and is “creative in finding the most appropriate solution that is less costly for the client”.”